- Bilderberg (1515)
- Free Palestine (691)
- FreeNet Project (48)
- Gay Marriage (3980)
- Gaza Strip (1565)
- Israel Apartheid Week (184)
- Israel Crimes Against Humanity (139)
- Israeli Apartheid (517)
- Left Wing (1235)
- Liberal Views (341)
- Max Blumenthal (196)
- Max Keiser (1767)
- No Nato (482)
- Occupation Pictures (2104)
- Occupation Supporters (5)
- Occupied West Bank (447)
- Occupy Bilderberg (132)
- Occupy Boston (579)
- Occupy Canada (1)
- Occupy Canary Whalf (1)
- Occupy Cardiff (209)
- Occupy Detroit (432)
- Occupy Europe (122)
- Occupy Florida (539)
- Occupy Fort Lauderdale (47)
- Occupy France (330)
- Occupy Greece (340)
- Occupy Houston (430)
- Occupy Inverness (8)
- Occupy LA (1166)
- Occupy Lisbon (186)
- Occupy London (576)
- Occupy London Stock Exchange (325)
- Occupy Madrid (267)
- Occupy Miami (379)
- Occupy News (6)
- Occupy Oakland (738)
- Occupy Rome (283)
- Occupy Wall Street (444)
- Stop Globalization (321)
- West Bank (2775)
ShoutBoxLast Message1 week, 1 dayago
- Leigh : «link»
- Nadia : «link»
- guest167358 : immune system boosters truly excellent web page immune system boosters «link» .
- coupon : true nutrition discount code «link» coupon code
- discount : very terrific site «link» true nutrition coupon code ..
- download : very remarkable website «link» free music downloads .
- Pakista : pakistan
- Guest_4834 : pakistan
- true nutrition : awesome «link» protein discount code
- free : highest quality «link» free music.
- web design : great «link» website is here
- gratis : neat «link» descargar ares gratis.
- gratis : extraordinary «link» descargar ares gratis.
- free : quite fine page «link» free music downloads ...
- me1341 : definitely outstanding blog «link» ...
- timmy : why does captalism trample the weak. «link»
- fun : «link»
- dem6 : take the power back «link»
- hardskin : Left power - get the right wing scum !
- coupon : very remarkable web page «link» true nutrition coupon
- twosons : nice site. «link»
- download : really good website «link» convertxtodvd free download key
- y : «link»
- whey : quite awesome information site «link» whey protein
- convertxtodvd : quite good site «link» convertxtodvd
- mujeres : genuinely great blog «link» mujeres
- Cassi : honestly really good internet page «link» true nutrition discount code save
- mujer : absolutely fine resource site «link» mujer busca hombre en toluca
- casada : very impressive resource site «link» mujer busca hombre df
- Wiltshire : very wonderful site «link» mujeres buscando hombre en df
- best : absolutely terrific blog «link» best type of protein powder
- mujer busca : truly awesome blog «link» mujer busca hombre en df
- hombre : Here «link» mujer busco hombre df
- types protein : «link» types of whey protein powder
- coupon : «link» true protein discount code
- Loading ...
Tag Archives: world-bank
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, has signed an agreement with a Palestinian bank to support smaller firms, especially those owned by women, drive economic development. IFC will help Bank of Palestine scale up its banking operations for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the West Bank and Gaza. IFC will also help the bank develop new products and services that cater to the financial …
Read the rest here:
Israel slams World Bank’s West Bank report: Jerusalem calls conclusions a ‘terrible mistake’ – Video
Israel slams World Bank's West Bank report: Jerusalem calls conclusions a 'terrible mistake'
Israel has hit back at new World Bank report on the Palestinian economy calling the document a 'terrible mistake'.
See the article here:
JERICHO, West Bank — The World Bank says the Palestinians could expand their struggling economy by one-third if Israel allows them to use the 61 percent of West Bank territory that's now largely off-limits to them.
PALESTINIAN ECONOMIC PAIN: The World Bank said that Palestinians could expand their struggling economy by a third and slash their budget deficit in half if Israel allowed them to use West Bank territory that is now largely off-limits.
POLITICAL REALITIES: Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said most of the issues raised by the World Bank are to be settled in ongoing Israeli-Palestinian negotiations. Developing the Palestinian economy is in Israel’s strategic interest, but is “related to questions of security.”
THE TERRITORY: Israel controls about 61 percent of the West Bank, or Area C, as well as security and crossings in and out of the area. Palestinians administer the rest of the West Bank.
DOHA (Reuters) – Arab states agreed to provide the Palestinian Authority with a $100 million monthly “financial safety net” to help President Mahmoud Abbas’s government cope with an economic crisis after the United Nations granted de facto statehood to Palestine.
Israel has responded to the November 29 U.N. vote by ordering 3,000 Jewish settler homes be built in the occupied West Bank and announced it would hold back payments of customs duties it collects on behalf of the Palestinians to pay an outstanding electricity bill.
In a statement issued on Sunday after a meeting in Doha, Arab foreign ministers called for the “immediate implementation” of a resolution passed at an Arab summit in Baghdad in March, which called for the provision of a $100 million monthly safety net.
But the statement did not give details of how the money would be paid or who would pay.
Israel and the United States opposed the U.N. General Assembly’s upgrade of the Palestinians’ status to “non-member state”, saying Abbas should instead resume peace talks that collapsed in 2010 over Israeli settlement-building.
The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund said in September that a gathering crisis in the Palestinian economy will worsen unless foreign funding increases and Israel eases long-standing curbs on development.
In a separate report, the World Bank also forecast a $1.5 billion Palestinian budget deficit for 2012, with donor funds expected to cover only $1.14 billion of this shortfall.
Last Thursday, the Palestinian cabinet said at a meeting in the West Bank city of Ramallah that $240 million were needed every month to meet demands arising from the Israeli decision to stop customs revenues transfers and the failure of donors to transfer previously pledged funds.
The Palestinian Authority exercises limited self-rule in the West Bank and receives most of its aid from the United States, the European Union and Arab states.
But over the past several years there has been a shortfall in aid coming from Arab states resulting in the PA being unable to pay salaries to its 153,000 civil servants on time on several occasions. The administration has yet to pay November salaries following Israel’s decision to withhold money transfers.
16 October 2012 Last updated at 05:07 ET By Yolande Knell BBC News, Hebron
Passers-by linger in front of the window displays on a main shopping street in central Hebron but seem reluctant to enter the stores. In the old market, vendors call out their wares but are largely ignored.
The city is the largest in the West Bank and a major commercial and industrial hub, accounting for about one third of the West Bank’s GDP. Recently it was also the scene of some of the worst violence during Palestinian economic protests.
Locals blame the discontent on high unemployment, low wages and the rising cost of living as well as the heavy burden of consumer debt.
“Our economy depends 100% on customers and as you can see, now the customers have no money,” says Ayman, a tour guide.
As the global recession plays out, the Palestinians are not alone in facing such woes. Yet, as a recent World Bank report highlighted, there are some unique factors that also hurt their economy.
The Palestinian Authority (PA) relies on international aid but has seen a recent shortfall in donor funding, the World Bank says, while the Israeli occupation of the West Bank sets obstacles that “constrain investment, raise costs and hinder economic cohesion”.
Worryingly for the international community, committed to a two-state solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict, there are now many ordinary Palestinians who conclude that the 1993 Oslo Accords should be scrapped.
“We need to go back 20 or 25 years before Oslo. The basic rules of this commitment are so bad for the Palestinian people,” says Amr, who runs a market-stall in Hebron.
The interim peace agreement produced the current zoning of the West Bank where the main Palestinian urban areas are under the administrative and security control of the PA, but 62%, known as Area C, remains under full Israeli control.
The Palestinian economy is in a deepening crisis because of a shortfall in donor funding and Israeli obstacles to Palestinian investment in the most fertile parts of the occupied West Bank, the World Bank warned yesterday.The stark…
The rest is here:
The Palestinian Authority in the West Bank faces a $400 million budget shortfall, even if current donor pledges are met, the World Bank warned in a report on Wednesday, calling new funding “critical.”
See the original post: