- Bilderberg (1219)
- Free Palestine (459)
- FreeNet Project (29)
- Gay Marriage (3307)
- Gaza Strip (1005)
- Israel Apartheid Week (57)
- Israel Crimes Against Humanity (42)
- Israeli Apartheid (283)
- Left Wing (753)
- Liberal Views (110)
- Max Blumenthal (120)
- Max Keiser (1062)
- No Nato (196)
- Occupation Pictures (2105)
- Occupation Supporters (5)
- Occupied West Bank (158)
- Occupy Bilderberg (117)
- Occupy Boston (475)
- Occupy Canada (1)
- Occupy Canary Whalf (1)
- Occupy Cardiff (103)
- Occupy Detroit (314)
- Occupy Europe (87)
- Occupy Florida (389)
- Occupy Fort Lauderdale (47)
- Occupy France (214)
- Occupy Greece (251)
- Occupy Houston (302)
- Occupy Inverness (7)
- Occupy LA (911)
- Occupy Lisbon (154)
- Occupy London (440)
- Occupy London Stock Exchange (279)
- Occupy Madrid (176)
- Occupy Miami (277)
- Occupy News (6)
- Occupy Oakland (608)
- Occupy Rome (182)
- Occupy Wall Street (415)
- Stop Globalization (113)
- West Bank (2111)
ShoutBoxLast Message3 months, 2 weeksago
- coupon : true nutrition discount code «link» coupon code
- discount : very terrific site «link» true nutrition coupon code ..
- download : very remarkable website «link» free music downloads .
- Pakista : pakistan
- Guest_4834 : pakistan
- true nutrition : awesome «link» protein discount code
- free : highest quality «link» free music.
- web design : great «link» website is here
- gratis : neat «link» descargar ares gratis.
- gratis : extraordinary «link» descargar ares gratis.
- free : quite fine page «link» free music downloads ...
- me1341 : definitely outstanding blog «link» ...
- timmy : why does captalism trample the weak. «link»
- fun : «link»
- dem6 : take the power back «link»
- hardskin : Left power - get the right wing scum !
- coupon : very remarkable web page «link» true nutrition coupon
- twosons : nice site. «link»
- download : really good website «link» convertxtodvd free download key
- y : «link»
- whey : quite awesome information site «link» whey protein
- convertxtodvd : quite good site «link» convertxtodvd
- mujeres : genuinely great blog «link» mujeres
- Cassi : honestly really good internet page «link» true nutrition discount code save
- mujer : absolutely fine resource site «link» mujer busca hombre en toluca
- casada : very impressive resource site «link» mujer busca hombre df
- Wiltshire : very wonderful site «link» mujeres buscando hombre en df
- best : absolutely terrific blog «link» best type of protein powder
- mujer busca : truly awesome blog «link» mujer busca hombre en df
- hombre : Here «link» mujer busco hombre df
- types protein : «link» types of whey protein powder
- coupon : «link» true protein discount code
- seokatalog : hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. An
- seokatalog : Hey, is this website on joomla?
- convertxtodvdkey : quite convertxtodvd free very good web page «link» key convertxtodvd
- Loading ...
Tag Archives: the-right
The leftright political spectrum is a system of classifying political positions, ideologies and parties. Left-wing politics and right-wing politics are often presented as opposed, although a particular individual or group may take a left-wing stance on one matter and a right-wing stance on another. In France, where the terms originated, the Left has been called “the party of movement” and the Right “the party of order.” The intermediate stance is called centrism and a person with such a position is a moderate.
There is general consensus that the Left includes progressives, communists, social-liberals, greens, social-democrats, socialists, democratic-socialists, civil-libertarians (as in “social-libertarians”; not to be confused with the right’s “economic-libertarians”), secularists, and anarchists, and that the Right includes conservatives, reactionaries, neoconservatives, capitalists, neoliberals, economic-libertarians (not to be confused with the left’s “civil-libertarians”), social-authoritarians, monarchists, theocrats, nationalists, Nazis (including neo-Nazis) and fascists.
The terms “left” and “right” appeared during the French Revolution of 1789 when members of the National Assembly divided into supporters of the king to the president’s right and supporters of the revolution to his left. One deputy, the Baron de Gauville explained, “We began to recognize each other: those who were loyal to religion and the king took up positions to the right of the chair so as to avoid the shouts, oaths, and indecencies that enjoyed free rein in the opposing camp.” However the Right opposed the seating arrangement because they believed that deputies should support private or general interests but should not form factions or political parties. The contemporary press occasionally used the terms “left” and “right” to refer to the opposing sides.
When the National Assembly was replaced in 1791 by a Legislative Assembly composed of entirely new members, the divisions continued. “Innovators” sat on the left, “moderates” gathered in the centre, while the “conscientious defenders of the constitution” found themselves sitting on the right, where the defenders of the Ancien Rgime had previously gathered. When the succeeding National Convention met in 1792, the seating arrangement continued, but following the coup d’tat of June 2, 1793, and the arrest of the Girondins, the right side of the assembly was deserted, and any remaining members who had sat there moved to the centre. However following the Thermidorian Reaction of 1794 the members of the far left were excluded and the method of seating was abolished. The new constitution included rules for the assembly that would “break up the party groups.”
However following the Restoration in 1814-1815 political clubs were again formed. The majority ultraroyalists chose to sit on the right. The “constitutionals” sat in the centre while independents sat on the left. The terms extreme right and extreme left, as well as centre-right and centre-left, came to be used to describe the nuances of ideology of different sections of the assembly.
The terms “left” and “right” were not used to refer to political ideology but only to seating in the legislature. After 1848, the main opposing camps were the “democratic socialists” and the “reactionaries” who used red and white flags to identify their party affiliation.
With the establishment of the Third Republic in 1871, the terms were adopted by political parties: the Republican Left, the Centre Right, and the Centre Left (1871) and the Extreme Left (1876) and Radical Left (1881). Beginning in the early twentieth century the terms left and right came to be associated with specific political ideologies and were used to describe citizens’ political beliefs, gradually replacing the terms “reds” and “the reaction” or “republicans” and “conservatives”. By 1914 the left half of the legislature was composed of Unified Socialists, Republican Socialists and Socialist Radicals, while the parties that were called “left” now sat on the right side.
There was asymmetry in the use of the terms left and right by the opposing sides. The right mostly denied that the leftright spectrum was meaningful because they saw it as artificial and damaging to unity. The left, however, seeking to change society, promoted the distinction. As Alain observed in 1931, “When people ask me if the division between parties of the right and parties of the left, men of the right and men of the left, still makes sense, the first thing that comes to mind is that the person asking the question is certainly not a man of the left”
The terms left and right came to be applied to British politics during the 1906 general election, which saw the Labour Party emerge as a third force.
The sociologist Robert M. MacIver noted in The Web of Government (1947):
See the original post:
Current Events In a press briefing the other day, President Obamas Press Secretary Jay Carney acknowledged the problems Economy The myth that is constantly repeated by the right Economy America is the land of opportunity, right? Think again
Continue reading here:
A spectre of gay marriage equality may slowly be sweeping across Europe. Taking a cue from their English neighbors, the French took one very big step toward legalizing gay marriage on Tuesday. France's National Assembly (the lower house of Parliament) voted 329-to-229 in favor of a bill extending the right to marry and adopt to same-sex couples. The bill now moves to the Senate, where it is …
Follow this link:
Weird lights and drinks
Saw some lights. Doesn't look like a plane cuz it would have a blue light on the left wing along with red on the right. And it wouldn't be flashing at night. Oh and we were deciding who's getting the drinksFrom:lowsicaViews:0 0ratingsTime:00:30More inEntertainment
See the article here:
This is just my take on Gay marriage. Yes I also think straight people should get the right for civil partnerships and no I'm not gay. I'm just saying in case either comes up as a question in the comments. www.guardian.co.ukFrom:JAIGH83Views:0 0ratingsTime:07:33More inPeople Blogs
Read this article:
WOW. Source:? dailymail.co.uk From The Daily Mail : The natural wonder was captured by photographer Justin Lee, who was overjoyed to find himself in exactly the right place at the right time.
See the original post:
This Might Be The Most Beautiful Photo Of A Rainbow Ever
I personally belieb Justin was in the right. That guy shouldn't have been bringing moms into it.
Originally posted here:
Justin Bieber Gets Mad And Hangs Up On Radio Host
World-class “flair bartender” Christian Delpech takes his skills to the streets and does the right thing.
Recycling, Now With More Flair