- Bilderberg (1414)
- Free Palestine (607)
- FreeNet Project (45)
- Gay Marriage (3763)
- Gaza Strip (1388)
- Israel Apartheid Week (153)
- Israel Crimes Against Humanity (110)
- Israeli Apartheid (435)
- Left Wing (1068)
- Liberal Views (272)
- Max Blumenthal (167)
- Max Keiser (1554)
- No Nato (403)
- Occupation Pictures (2105)
- Occupation Supporters (5)
- Occupied West Bank (371)
- Occupy Bilderberg (126)
- Occupy Boston (550)
- Occupy Canada (1)
- Occupy Canary Whalf (1)
- Occupy Cardiff (176)
- Occupy Detroit (389)
- Occupy Europe (115)
- Occupy Florida (496)
- Occupy Fort Lauderdale (47)
- Occupy France (293)
- Occupy Greece (304)
- Occupy Houston (378)
- Occupy Inverness (8)
- Occupy LA (1083)
- Occupy Lisbon (176)
- Occupy London (515)
- Occupy London Stock Exchange (308)
- Occupy Madrid (238)
- Occupy Miami (345)
- Occupy News (6)
- Occupy Oakland (695)
- Occupy Rome (245)
- Occupy Wall Street (432)
- Stop Globalization (262)
- West Bank (2553)
- London's lucrative Russia ties hang over sanctions debate
- Max Keiser Report ECONOMY CRISIS BANKERS are like DIRTY BACTERIA – Video
- CrossTalk: NATO’s Deadly Reach – Video
- Alex Jones: Defeating The Technocratic Totalitarian Elite – Video
- The Alex Jones Show(Commercial Free AUDIO) Monday February 3 2014: Jesse Ventura, Mathew M – Video
ShoutBoxLast Message2 months, 2 weeksago
- guest167358 : immune system boosters truly excellent web page immune system boosters «link» .
- coupon : true nutrition discount code «link» coupon code
- discount : very terrific site «link» true nutrition coupon code ..
- download : very remarkable website «link» free music downloads .
- Pakista : pakistan
- Guest_4834 : pakistan
- true nutrition : awesome «link» protein discount code
- free : highest quality «link» free music.
- web design : great «link» website is here
- gratis : neat «link» descargar ares gratis.
- gratis : extraordinary «link» descargar ares gratis.
- free : quite fine page «link» free music downloads ...
- me1341 : definitely outstanding blog «link» ...
- timmy : why does captalism trample the weak. «link»
- fun : «link»
- dem6 : take the power back «link»
- hardskin : Left power - get the right wing scum !
- coupon : very remarkable web page «link» true nutrition coupon
- twosons : nice site. «link»
- download : really good website «link» convertxtodvd free download key
- y : «link»
- whey : quite awesome information site «link» whey protein
- convertxtodvd : quite good site «link» convertxtodvd
- mujeres : genuinely great blog «link» mujeres
- Cassi : honestly really good internet page «link» true nutrition discount code save
- mujer : absolutely fine resource site «link» mujer busca hombre en toluca
- casada : very impressive resource site «link» mujer busca hombre df
- Wiltshire : very wonderful site «link» mujeres buscando hombre en df
- best : absolutely terrific blog «link» best type of protein powder
- mujer busca : truly awesome blog «link» mujer busca hombre en df
- hombre : Here «link» mujer busco hombre df
- types protein : «link» types of whey protein powder
- coupon : «link» true protein discount code
- seokatalog : hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. An
- seokatalog : Hey, is this website on joomla?
- Loading ...
Tag Archives: study
GENEVA: Tighter economic policies and proper regulation can help governments prevent overweight and obesity epidemic in their respective countries – saving the people from serious long-term health consequences including diabetes, heart disease stroke and cancer.
Governments could slow – and even reverse – the growing epidemic of obesity by taking measures to counter fast food consumption, according to new research.
“Countries (like India) where the diet is transitioning from one that is high in cereals to one that is high in fat, sugar and processed foods need to take action to align the food supply with the health needs of the population,” cautioned Francesco Branca, director of the department of nutrition for health and development at the World Health Organization ( WHO).
“Unless governments take steps to regulate their economies, the invisible hand of the market would continue to promote obesity worldwide with disastrous consequences for future public health and economic productivity,” added lead author Roberto De Vogli from University of California.
The researchers from the US and Ireland looked at the effects of deregulation in the economy – including the agricultural and food sectors – and the resulting increase in fast food transactions on obesity over time.
They took a novel approach of taking data on the number of fast food transactions per capita from 1999 to 2008 in 25 high-income countries and compared them with figures on body mass index (BMI) over the same time period as an indication of fast food consumption.
A person with BMI of 25 or more is considered overweight, while one with a BMI of 30 or more is considered obese.
The researchers found that while the average number of annual fast food transactions per capita increased from 26.61 to 32.76, average BMI increased from 25.8 to 26.4.
Thus, each 1-unit increase in the average number of annual fast food transactions per capita was associated with an increase of 0.0329 in BMI over the study period.
The BMI figures also reveal how widespread the problems of overweight and obesity are and that people living in the 25 countries are, on average, overweight and have been for the last 15 years, said the study published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization (WHO).
WASHINGTON: The gradual decline of large carnivores such as lions, wolves or pumas is threatening the Earth’s ecosystems, scientists warned on Friday as they launched an appeal to protect such predators. More than 75 per cent of 31 large carnivore species are on the decline, and 17 of them now occupy less than half of their former ranges, says a study published in the American journal Science and dated January 10
See the original post here:
Study shows loss of large carnivores hurts ecosystems
Passionate is the only word to describe Alberta Wells Godfreys intense enthusiasm for teaching children. A retired elementary school principal, she was an educator in the Miami-Dade Public Schools for 36 years
Download the MPA Brochure here > The Masters of Public Administration program seeks to provide the highest quality graduate education for current and prospective officials in all three arenas of public service: government agencies, nonprofit organizations and private vendors. The program strives to achieve local, state and national prominence through a contemporary curriculum, innovative instruction, scholarly and applied research, and service to key stakeholders.
Read this article:
Washington, Jan 1 (IANS/EFE): Mangrove trees, which are highly sensitive to cold, have expanded enormously on the Atlantic coast of Florida as the frequency of frosts has diminished, says a study. The analysis of satellite data compiled over 28 years by the University of Maryland and the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center showed that during 1984-2011 the Florida coast, from Miami northwards, has gained more than 1,240 hectares of mangroves. The study was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
Follow this link:
Winnie Anne Wright December 27, 2013 Valdosta – Agents representing three counties affected by the Sabal Trail Natural Gas Pipeline will occupy the new office on North Patterson Street.
Read the rest here:
A fresh battle over same-sex marriage in conservative Utah, the heart of Mormon country, has offered gay-rights advocates hope that their effort has reached a national tipping point.
The judge who struck down the states same-sex marriage ban refused to stay his own ruling Monday, beating back the third challenge in two days to his Friday ruling declaring the states ban unconstitutional. Utah is expected to take its appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit in Denver, but in the meantime hundreds of same-sex couples continued to get married at Salt Lake Citys county courthouse.
Judge Robert J. Shelbys ruling is particularly significant because it represents the first time a federal court has ruled on the constitutionality of same-sex marriage bans since the Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act in June. The ruling will serve as a precedent for other states facing challenges to their bans, and it sets the stage for a Supreme Court decision that would apply to all 50 states.
This case could decide the issue of same-sex marriage across the United States of America, said Clifford Rosky, a University of Utah professor of law and expert on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender legal issues.
Also on Monday, in a far narrower ruling, a federal judge in Ohio declared that states ban on gay marriage unconstitutional, though the ruling only applied to death certificates for gay couples. Still, it is expected to be precedent-setting, leading to more lawsuits in Ohio challenging the ban.
Eighteen states and the District of Columbia now allow same-sex marriage.
Several observers believed that Shelbys decision clearing the way for same-sex marriages in one of the countrys most politically and religiously conservative states, one dominated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints represents a pivotal point for the country.
One of the strongest indicators of the broader cultural shift on the issue is the growing acceptance of legal recognition of gay unions among Mormons.
According to a recent poll by the Center for the Study of Elections and Democracy at Brigham Young University, 54 percent of Mormons now favor civil unions for same-sex couples, and opposition to any legal recognition has dropped from 69 percent in 2004 when state voters approved the ban to 38 percent now.
The church is clear about its stance. Marriage should be between a man and a woman, it said plainly in a three-sentence statement following Fridays ruling. But that statement reflected a change in tone that church leaders have been trying to strike since the church faced a storm of criticism for urging members to actively push and fund Californias Proposition 8, which briefly banned same-sex marriage there.
Palestinian children play in front of a house in Gaza in November that was damaged in an Israeli army operation in 2012.
Editor’s note: Yousef Munayyer is the executive director of the Palestine Center and the Jerusalem Fund for Education and Community Development.
(CNN) — In a historic decision this week, the American Studies Association voted to boycott Israeli academic institutions, endorsing Palestinian civil society’s call for boycotts, divestments and sanctions against Israel until it complies with international law and ends abuses against Palestinian human rights.
The decision by the American Studies Association, a group of academics involved in the study of U.S. culture and history, to boycott collaborations with institutions is important. The ASA is one of the first major U.S. academic groups to take this step, and it sends a strong message to Israeli intellectuals and elites that their nation’s policies will lead only to international isolation.
The boycott, divestment and sanctions movement (BDS) was started by Palestinian political parties, trade unions and political movements in 2005. Signatories include refugees, Palestinians in the occupied Palestinian territories and Palestinian citizens of Israel.
The legitimacy of the movement’s tactics comes into sharp focus in the light of Nelson Mandela’s death and the struggle in South Africa against apartheid.
Today, Israel practices apartheid. It’s a system of unjust laws enforced by the gun to restrict the human rights of one group — Palestinians — with the aim of keeping political power in the hands of another demographic group — Israeli Jews.
These violations of Palestinians’ rights include the denial of repatriation to refugees, restrictions on residency, the demolition of homes, destruction and seizure of land and property, restrictions on movement and discrimination in allocation of resources.
View original post here: