- Bilderberg (1424)
- Free Palestine (613)
- FreeNet Project (45)
- Gay Marriage (3778)
- Gaza Strip (1413)
- Israel Apartheid Week (158)
- Israel Crimes Against Humanity (112)
- Israeli Apartheid (449)
- Left Wing (1077)
- Liberal Views (283)
- Max Blumenthal (171)
- Max Keiser (1577)
- No Nato (403)
- Occupation Pictures (2105)
- Occupation Supporters (5)
- Occupied West Bank (376)
- Occupy Bilderberg (126)
- Occupy Boston (550)
- Occupy Canada (1)
- Occupy Canary Whalf (1)
- Occupy Cardiff (185)
- Occupy Detroit (390)
- Occupy Europe (116)
- Occupy Florida (499)
- Occupy Fort Lauderdale (47)
- Occupy France (296)
- Occupy Greece (306)
- Occupy Houston (381)
- Occupy Inverness (8)
- Occupy LA (1087)
- Occupy Lisbon (176)
- Occupy London (516)
- Occupy London Stock Exchange (310)
- Occupy Madrid (240)
- Occupy Miami (346)
- Occupy News (6)
- Occupy Oakland (698)
- Occupy Rome (251)
- Occupy Wall Street (433)
- Stop Globalization (265)
- West Bank (2567)
- The kingdom that's closed to women: Saudi princesses tethered by the patriarchy
- Max Keiser Report The Global Economic Crisis UNCOVERED.mp4 – Video
- Max Keiser Whenever I see David Cameron I see a pole dancer – Video
- Gerald Celente Jeff Rense February 13, 2014 – Video
- Nephilim Stargates with Tom Horn on Prophecy In The News – Video
ShoutBoxLast Message2 months, 3 weeksago
- guest167358 : immune system boosters truly excellent web page immune system boosters «link» .
- coupon : true nutrition discount code «link» coupon code
- discount : very terrific site «link» true nutrition coupon code ..
- download : very remarkable website «link» free music downloads .
- Pakista : pakistan
- Guest_4834 : pakistan
- true nutrition : awesome «link» protein discount code
- free : highest quality «link» free music.
- web design : great «link» website is here
- gratis : neat «link» descargar ares gratis.
- gratis : extraordinary «link» descargar ares gratis.
- free : quite fine page «link» free music downloads ...
- me1341 : definitely outstanding blog «link» ...
- timmy : why does captalism trample the weak. «link»
- fun : «link»
- dem6 : take the power back «link»
- hardskin : Left power - get the right wing scum !
- coupon : very remarkable web page «link» true nutrition coupon
- twosons : nice site. «link»
- download : really good website «link» convertxtodvd free download key
- y : «link»
- whey : quite awesome information site «link» whey protein
- convertxtodvd : quite good site «link» convertxtodvd
- mujeres : genuinely great blog «link» mujeres
- Cassi : honestly really good internet page «link» true nutrition discount code save
- mujer : absolutely fine resource site «link» mujer busca hombre en toluca
- casada : very impressive resource site «link» mujer busca hombre df
- Wiltshire : very wonderful site «link» mujeres buscando hombre en df
- best : absolutely terrific blog «link» best type of protein powder
- mujer busca : truly awesome blog «link» mujer busca hombre en df
- hombre : Here «link» mujer busco hombre df
- types protein : «link» types of whey protein powder
- coupon : «link» true protein discount code
- seokatalog : hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. An
- seokatalog : Hey, is this website on joomla?
- Loading ...
Tag Archives: public
A couple months ago, aGallup pollrecorded a small uptick in the percentage of Americans who identify as liberal to 23 percent, or what Gallup, eliding the margin of error in the poll, called a new high. My Post colleague Chris Cillizzawonderedif liberal was no longer a dirty word.
We will see. After all, there were far more conservatives in that Gallup poll, which, for some, means were still a center-right nation. But whether people call themselves conservative isnt necessarily that telling in the first place. A recent book by two political scientists shows that liberal may be a dirty word, but liberalism is alive and well even among people who call themselves conservative.
In Ideology in America, Christopher Ellis and James Stimson describe a striking disjuncture. When identifying themselves in a word, Americans choose conservative far more than liberal. In fact they have done so for 70 years, and increasingly so since the early 1960s.
But when it comes to saying what the government should actually do, the public appears more liberal than conservative. Ellis and Stimson gathered 7,000 survey questions dating back to 1956 that asked some variant of whether the government should do more, less, or the same in lots of different policy areas. On average, liberal responses were more common than conservative responses. This has been true in nearly every year since 1956, even as the relative liberalism of the public has trended up and down. For decades now there has been a consistent discrepancy between what Ellis and Stimson call symbolic ideology (how we label ourselves) and operational ideology (what we really think about the size of government).
Looked at this way, almost 30 percent of Americans are consistent liberals people who call themselves liberals and have liberal politics. Only 15 percent are consistent conservatives people who call themselves conservative and have conservative politics. Nearly 30 percent are people who identify as conservative but actually express liberal views. The United States appears to be a center-right nation in name only.
This raises the question: why are so many people identifying as conservative while simultaneously preferring more government? For some conservatives, it is because they associate the label with religion, culture or lifestyle. In essence, when they identify as conservative, they are thinking about conservatism in terms of family structure, raising children, or interpreting the Bible. Conservatism is about their personal lives, not their politics.
But other self-identified conservatives, though, are conservative in terms of neither religion and culture nor the size of government. These are the truly conflicted conservatives, say Ellis and Stimson, who locate their origins in a different factor: how conservatives and liberals have traditionally talked about politics. Conservatives, they argue, talk about politics in terms of symbols and the general value of conservatism and news coverage, they find, usually frames the label conservative in positive terms. Liberals talk about policy in terms of the goals it will serve a cleaner environment, a stronger safety net, and so on which are also good things for many people. As a result, some people internalize both messages and end up calling themselves conservative but having liberal views on policy.
Ideology has two faces: the labels people choose and the actual content of their beliefs. For liberals, these are mostly aligned. For conservatives, they are not. American conservatism means different things to different people. For many, what it doesnt mean is less government.
Go here to see the original:
INDIANAPOLIS The Indiana House of Representatives voted 57-40 on Tuesday in support of House Joint Resolution 3 which aims to constitutionally ban gay marriage in the state.
Although gay marriage is already not recognized in Indiana, the addition of this amendment to the state’s constitution could potentially make marriage equality more difficult in the future.
The vote in support of HJR 3 came just one day after a bipartisan vote by Representatives of 52-43 to remove a sentence addressing civil unions from this amendment. As it was passed by the House, the amendment reads, Only a marriage between one (1) man and one (1) woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in Indiana.
The second sentence of this amendment, which was removed by the House vote, read, A legal status identical or substantially similar to that of marriage for unmarried individuals shall not be valid or recognized. This sentence applies to civil unions and similar arrangements.
Rep. Eric Turner, R-Cicero, who authored the amendment, believes it should have been voted on as it was originally drafted. He told the Associated Press, I believe the HJR 3, as written, is the right public policy for the state of Indiana. The second sentence simply prevents marriage by any other name.”
Rep. Tom Dermody, R-La Porte, voted in favor of HJR 3 and against Monday’s vote to remove the second sentence.
As the vote now moves to the State Senate, however, the sentence could be added back in before the public has a chance to vote on the issue.
The process to amend the state constitution requires that the resolution be approved in back-to-back sessions of the General Assembly before it can be voted on by the public. This means that the earliest the issues could be presented to Indiana voters would be during the November 2016 election.
Consider that the measure still must pass through the mysterious ways of the Indiana Senate. Just as the second sentence was removed in the Indiana House, it certainly can be put back into HJR 3 by our state senators, which means we will be right back at square one on this issue, Pelath said.
But even if the Senate finds favor with the will expressed on Monday by a bipartisan group of House members, there remains one inescapable fact. This disturbing and nationally embarrassing debate will continue to consume our energies, he said.
Read this article:
Los Angeles Kings Left Wing Tanner Pearson
The Los Angeles Kings are in town to play the Boston Bruins on Monday, January 20, 2014. Manchester Monarchs Vice President of Public Affairs Kimberly Muelle…
Read the original here:
Occupy Houston Suicide by Cop Shooting The video hadn't been shown to the public until now.
See the article here:
The revolution is no longer a fragile or tentative one. When I arrived in Los Angeles nine years ago, the city had just begun to turn away from a largely private urbanism and toward a new embrace of the public realm. The first phase of the Gold Line light-rail route, from downtown to Pasadena, had recently opened; construction on the Expo Line had yet to begin.
Read this article:
A new L.A. identity takes shape in 2013 as city embraces urban life
This forum is designed to bring together essays, critical commentary, and eventually research of social scientists on the Occupy Movement.
Peter Macdiarmid / Getty The activists are hoping to make a legal claim on the building, presumably under the UK’s squatter’s rights law, and plan to open a “bank of ideas” there.
The rest is here:
Longtime West Bank teacher, mentor, coach and administrator Sylvester Williams died recently, having served the students and staff of Jefferson Parish Public Schools for 33 years and leaving a legacy of fortitude with all who knew him. He was 79.
Upon hearing of his death, many were saddened, but remembered he had made a powerful impact on their lives.
He began his own educational journey at Gretna Colored Elementary School, later renamed Frederick Douglass in the early 1940s.
After graduating Texas College in 1957 with a degree in biology, Williams served in the U.S. Army until 1962. He then began a teaching career at James Derham Middle School in the New Orleans Public School System. In 1963 he was employed by the Jefferson Parish Public Schools, where he served as teacher, coach and administrator. He worked at McDonogh 27 and West Jefferson High School in Harvey, but spent most of his career in Marrero at John Ehret and L.W. Higgins High Schools.
Williams was a coach at John Ehret and L.W. Higgins for over 24 years and seized that opportunity to motivate students to believe in themselves and to be the best they could be.
During her reflection about her father-in-law, Chief Academic Officer of Jefferson Parish Public Schools Michelle Blouin Williams said, He spent his life encouraging the discouraged and offering helpful advice when asked, and, at times, when he wasnt.
She said that when the news of Williams death was first released, she received 88 e-mails and 42 texts. She shared a few of them with the audience at his funeral services. Some of them said, He motivated me to give one hundred percent. One said, I watched him discipline a student who had disrespected a teacher and after that it made me careful to respect others. Another said, He always made time for children and others. His colleagues said that He was an educator with a servants heart.
Blouin-Williams celebrated 24 years of marriage to Brandon Williams on Dec. 9. She said her father-in-law once told her Michy (as he lovingly called her), go out there and get it and dont come back until you get it.
She also said that her husband is following in his fathers footsteps. He serves as director of school safety for Jefferson Parish Public Schools and also worked at both Ehret and Higgins High Schools.
Helen Cole, a co-lay leader at Boynton United Methodist Church in Gretna, retired New Orleans Public School teacher and Williams neighbor, said that over the years, she observed that Williams had a habit of giving candy to his church members and was also known for distributing $2 bills as gifts and rewards for excellence and good work.