- Bilderberg (1414)
- Free Palestine (607)
- FreeNet Project (45)
- Gay Marriage (3763)
- Gaza Strip (1388)
- Israel Apartheid Week (153)
- Israel Crimes Against Humanity (110)
- Israeli Apartheid (435)
- Left Wing (1068)
- Liberal Views (272)
- Max Blumenthal (167)
- Max Keiser (1554)
- No Nato (403)
- Occupation Pictures (2105)
- Occupation Supporters (5)
- Occupied West Bank (371)
- Occupy Bilderberg (126)
- Occupy Boston (550)
- Occupy Canada (1)
- Occupy Canary Whalf (1)
- Occupy Cardiff (176)
- Occupy Detroit (389)
- Occupy Europe (115)
- Occupy Florida (496)
- Occupy Fort Lauderdale (47)
- Occupy France (293)
- Occupy Greece (304)
- Occupy Houston (378)
- Occupy Inverness (8)
- Occupy LA (1083)
- Occupy Lisbon (176)
- Occupy London (515)
- Occupy London Stock Exchange (308)
- Occupy Madrid (238)
- Occupy Miami (345)
- Occupy News (6)
- Occupy Oakland (695)
- Occupy Rome (245)
- Occupy Wall Street (432)
- Stop Globalization (262)
- West Bank (2553)
- London's lucrative Russia ties hang over sanctions debate
- Max Keiser Report ECONOMY CRISIS BANKERS are like DIRTY BACTERIA – Video
- CrossTalk: NATO’s Deadly Reach – Video
- Alex Jones: Defeating The Technocratic Totalitarian Elite – Video
- The Alex Jones Show(Commercial Free AUDIO) Monday February 3 2014: Jesse Ventura, Mathew M – Video
ShoutBoxLast Message2 months, 2 weeksago
- guest167358 : immune system boosters truly excellent web page immune system boosters «link» .
- coupon : true nutrition discount code «link» coupon code
- discount : very terrific site «link» true nutrition coupon code ..
- download : very remarkable website «link» free music downloads .
- Pakista : pakistan
- Guest_4834 : pakistan
- true nutrition : awesome «link» protein discount code
- free : highest quality «link» free music.
- web design : great «link» website is here
- gratis : neat «link» descargar ares gratis.
- gratis : extraordinary «link» descargar ares gratis.
- free : quite fine page «link» free music downloads ...
- me1341 : definitely outstanding blog «link» ...
- timmy : why does captalism trample the weak. «link»
- fun : «link»
- dem6 : take the power back «link»
- hardskin : Left power - get the right wing scum !
- coupon : very remarkable web page «link» true nutrition coupon
- twosons : nice site. «link»
- download : really good website «link» convertxtodvd free download key
- y : «link»
- whey : quite awesome information site «link» whey protein
- convertxtodvd : quite good site «link» convertxtodvd
- mujeres : genuinely great blog «link» mujeres
- Cassi : honestly really good internet page «link» true nutrition discount code save
- mujer : absolutely fine resource site «link» mujer busca hombre en toluca
- casada : very impressive resource site «link» mujer busca hombre df
- Wiltshire : very wonderful site «link» mujeres buscando hombre en df
- best : absolutely terrific blog «link» best type of protein powder
- mujer busca : truly awesome blog «link» mujer busca hombre en df
- hombre : Here «link» mujer busco hombre df
- types protein : «link» types of whey protein powder
- coupon : «link» true protein discount code
- seokatalog : hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. An
- seokatalog : Hey, is this website on joomla?
- Loading ...
Tag Archives: dance
Protest against the Israeli Apartheid DECA Dance company at
Protest against the Israeli Apartheid DECA Dance company at the New Zealand Festival of the Arts.
See original here:
A protest will take place today against the Israeli dance troupe Batsheva as part of the international BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) campaign to isolate Israel and its apartheid policies towards Palestinians.
The protest will take place outside the St James Theatre in Courtenay Place, Wellington from 7.30pm.
The government has given visas to this dance company despite appeals from Palestinian solidarity groups and 2014 being declared the United Nations International Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
The Batsheva Dance Company is part of the Israeli propaganda effort to deflect criticism of its appalling policies towards Palestinians. It is largely funded by the Israeli Ministry of Culture & Sport, the City of Tel Aviv and the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs who praise the troupe as ambassadors of Israeli culture.
The troupe’s participation in the NZ Arts Festival is also partially sponsored by the Israeli Embassy in Wellington.
The protest will be calling for an end to Israels unashamedly racist treatment of its Arab-Israeli citizens; the construction of illegal Jewish-only settlements on Palestinian land; the brutal military occupation of the West Bank Palestinian territory and the inhuman blockade of the Gaza Strip.
The BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) campaign was launched in 2005 by some 260 Palestinian civil society organisations as the best way for the international community to support the Palestinian struggle for justice and human rights.
While some may hide behind the excuse that art and culture is somehow apolitical, many (including Stephen Hawking, Emma Thompson, Miriam Margolyes, Elvis Costello, Brian Eno, Roger Waters and Peter Gabriel) are taking a stand.
For the same reasons New Zealanders called for the end to rugby links with apartheid South Africa we are calling for the cutting of ties with apartheid Israel and a boycott of the Batsheva performances in New Zealand. This call is being made by a combined network of Palestinian solidarity organisations in New Zealand.
The National Party was on the wrong side of history in the struggle against apartheid South Africa in the 1980s and seems determined to continue on the wrong side of this issue.
View original post here:
Avicii becomes the first act in the relatively short 13-month history of Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart to occupy the top two positions, as “Wake Me Up!” enjoys a record-extending 23rd week at No. 1 and “Hey Brother” rises 4-2.
Read this article:
Batsheva Dance Company
Batsheva Dance Company: 'It's about making the body listen' Subscribe to the Guardian HERE: Founded in 1964 in Tel Aviv with Martha G. Internationally acclai…
Wellington-based supporters of Palestinian rights will protest against scheduled performances of the Israeli Batsheva Dance Company at the New Zealand Festival in Wellington later this month.
A newly formed organisation, Aotearoa BDS Network, is part of an international campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions [BDS] against Israel, because of its human rights violations against Palestinians.
Batsheva is at the forefront of the Israeli cultural campaign to make a violent and racist state look benign and entertaining, says spokesperson Nadia Abu-Shanab.
Abu-Shanab says that if the performances go ahead they will be met with a vigorous and creative response from supporters of Palestinian rights in New Zealand.
But Abu-Shanab says she hopes the Festival organisers will cancel the Israeli embassy-sponsored performances.
The Israeli response to the campaign shows how well the campaign is working. Israeli public relations have gone into overdrive over the last few years.
Abu-Shanab points to recent protests against Batsheva in Europe and North America as an indication of how the dance troupe is being used.
The protests are against what is a deliberate diversion of international public attention from the continuing Israeli siege of Gaza, the ongoing occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem, racial discrimination against Palestinians inside Israels 1948 borders and Israels outright refusal to allow the return of Palestinian refugees to their homeland, she says.
Batsheva dancers act as state-funded shock troops for Israeli diplomatic outreach. They are openly branded as an Israeli state institution.
They tour the world at will in a way that Israel would never allow Palestinians to do.
Continue reading here:
27 January 2014
Palestinian solidarity groups call on government to withhold visas for Israeli Dance troupe
A wide range of Palestinian solidarity groups active in New Zealand have called on the government to withhold New Zealand visas from the Israels Batsheva Dance Company which is scheduled to perform in the New Zealand Festival of the Arts in Wellington next month.
We wrote to Immigration Minister Michael Woodhouse last November making this request and received a non-committal response. We followed up with a letter to Foreign Minister Murray McCully on 15 January this year but have yet to receive a reply. (The letter to Mr McCully is available below.)
We pointed out the Batsheva Dance Company is part of the Israeli propaganda effort to deflect criticism of its appalling policies towards Palestinians.
The Batsheva troupe is largely funded by the Israeli Ministry of Culture & Sport, the City of Tel Aviv and the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs who praise the troupe as ambassadors of Israeli culture. The troupe’s participation in the NZ Arts Festival is also partially sponsored by the Israeli Embassy in Wellington.
Israel is subject to an international Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign because of its unashamedly racist treatment of its Arab-Israeli citizens; the construction of illegal Jewish-only settlements on Palestinian land; its brutal military occupation of the West Bank Palestinian territory and its inhuman blockade of the Gaza Strip.
The BDS campaign was called for launched in 2005 by some 260 Palestinian civil society organisations as the best way for the international community to support the Palestinian struggle for justice and human rights and the organisations writing to you here are working in support of this campaign.
For the same reasons New Zealanders called for the end to rugby links with apartheid South Africa we are calling for the cutting of ties with apartheid Israel.
We hope the government will respond because last year, by overwhelming popular vote, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 2014 the International Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. If the government wants to gain the respect of other countries in its bid for a seat on the UN Security Council then cancelling visas for this troupe as a way of providing practical solidarity to the Palestinian struggle would be a big help.
Continue reading here:
While some Middle East activists were not impressed by how the US foreign policy establishment danced around the Arab Spring, a closer look shows how delicate this dance was and remains
2 MILLION Egyptians in Tahrir Square singing Free Palestine 21 02 11
to see more videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincesEgypthDance for copyright listed in the video. please no haters please like and subscribe in “ar…
By: Princes Dance
Elementary students from 19 Jefferson Parish Public Schools in East Jefferson and the West Bank recently competed in the seventh annual Dance Challenge ballroom competition at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner.
Founded by former district 6 school board member Martin Marino, the Dance Challenge is the first program of its kind in the greater New Orleans area to feature elementary students performing dance styles including cha-cha, salsa, tango and waltz.
Participating elementary schools were Audubon, Bissonet, Bridgedale, Butler, Collins, Dolhonde, Ellis, Estelle, Gretna No. 2, Harahan, Hazel Park, Hearst, Jefferson, Marrero Academy, Matas, Pittman, Schneckenberger, Solis and Terrytown elementary schools.
Read this article:
(Al) Doha Childrens Cultural Center, from West Bank Palestine “Juthour” Dance, Music group
The DCCC of Palestine is a Nonprofit/Nongovernmental organization,, that works with children of all ages and faiths, in cultural arts, dance, music, art education , social education, health and wellness checks, mentoring with locals and valunteers from around the world. The dance and music group “Juthour” has annual festivals both local and abroad, in 2012 the cutural art Foundation the CIOFF, invited the DCCC to join them in France.From:Suzie GarciaViews:15 0ratingsTime:13:27More inPeople Blogs
Read the original post: