- Bilderberg (1418)
- Free Palestine (609)
- FreeNet Project (45)
- Gay Marriage (3768)
- Gaza Strip (1397)
- Israel Apartheid Week (155)
- Israel Crimes Against Humanity (111)
- Israeli Apartheid (437)
- Left Wing (1071)
- Liberal Views (280)
- Max Blumenthal (168)
- Max Keiser (1564)
- No Nato (403)
- Occupation Pictures (2105)
- Occupation Supporters (5)
- Occupied West Bank (373)
- Occupy Bilderberg (126)
- Occupy Boston (550)
- Occupy Canada (1)
- Occupy Canary Whalf (1)
- Occupy Cardiff (176)
- Occupy Detroit (389)
- Occupy Europe (116)
- Occupy Florida (497)
- Occupy Fort Lauderdale (47)
- Occupy France (294)
- Occupy Greece (305)
- Occupy Houston (381)
- Occupy Inverness (8)
- Occupy LA (1084)
- Occupy Lisbon (176)
- Occupy London (516)
- Occupy London Stock Exchange (309)
- Occupy Madrid (238)
- Occupy Miami (346)
- Occupy News (6)
- Occupy Oakland (696)
- Occupy Rome (245)
- Occupy Wall Street (432)
- Stop Globalization (265)
- West Bank (2557)
- Keiser Report: Lynching America (E503) (ft. George Galloway) – Video
- Keiser Report: Triangle Of Fraud (E568)Keiser Report: Triangle Of Fraud (E568)Keiser Repor – Video
- Keiser Report: Monetized Genocide (E381) – Video
- Keiser Report: The Killing of Tony Blair (E489) (ft. George Galloway) – Video
- Max Keiser : Finance & Terrorism, War On Syria WW3 Started 2013 – Video
ShoutBoxLast Message2 months, 2 weeksago
- guest167358 : immune system boosters truly excellent web page immune system boosters «link» .
- coupon : true nutrition discount code «link» coupon code
- discount : very terrific site «link» true nutrition coupon code ..
- download : very remarkable website «link» free music downloads .
- Pakista : pakistan
- Guest_4834 : pakistan
- true nutrition : awesome «link» protein discount code
- free : highest quality «link» free music.
- web design : great «link» website is here
- gratis : neat «link» descargar ares gratis.
- gratis : extraordinary «link» descargar ares gratis.
- free : quite fine page «link» free music downloads ...
- me1341 : definitely outstanding blog «link» ...
- timmy : why does captalism trample the weak. «link»
- fun : «link»
- dem6 : take the power back «link»
- hardskin : Left power - get the right wing scum !
- coupon : very remarkable web page «link» true nutrition coupon
- twosons : nice site. «link»
- download : really good website «link» convertxtodvd free download key
- y : «link»
- whey : quite awesome information site «link» whey protein
- convertxtodvd : quite good site «link» convertxtodvd
- mujeres : genuinely great blog «link» mujeres
- Cassi : honestly really good internet page «link» true nutrition discount code save
- mujer : absolutely fine resource site «link» mujer busca hombre en toluca
- casada : very impressive resource site «link» mujer busca hombre df
- Wiltshire : very wonderful site «link» mujeres buscando hombre en df
- best : absolutely terrific blog «link» best type of protein powder
- mujer busca : truly awesome blog «link» mujer busca hombre en df
- hombre : Here «link» mujer busco hombre df
- types protein : «link» types of whey protein powder
- coupon : «link» true protein discount code
- seokatalog : hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. An
- seokatalog : Hey, is this website on joomla?
- Loading ...
Tag Archives: city
OAKLAND — Mayor Jean Quan pledged Thursday night to make Oakland streets safer and ensure that all residents benefit from a rebounding economy. In her final State of the City address before facing voters in November, Quan said Oakland was making strides against crime and presented her administration as the architect of the city’s post-recession economic turnaround. “The last few years I said we were rising,” Quan said
See the original post here:
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip An Iranian-backed militant group in the Gaza Strip says it is not involved in a seized missile shipment that Israel says came from Iran and was destined for Gaza.
The Islamic Jihad denied involvement on Friday. Khalid al-Baths, an Islamic Jihad leader, said his group has “nothing to do with this ship.”
Islamic Jihad has fired numerous rockets at Israeli cities.
Iran and Hamas, the militant Islamic group that rules Gaza, denied involvement on Wednesday when the ship was seized by Israeli naval forces.
The raid took place in the Red Sea, hundreds of miles from Israel. The seized ship is set to dock in Israel this weekend.
Poll: Portlanders more likely to be renters, young, well-educated Leaning to the left: Second of three parts
Portland hasnt always been as liberal as it is now. The 2013 Oregon Values & Beliefs Project survey shows it is far more liberal than the rest of the metro area and the rest of the state. A full 43 percent of Portlanders describe themselves as very liberal on social issues, compared with just 11 percent of the rest of the region and 13 percent of the rest of the state.
But it wasnt always that way. For most of its 153 years, Portland politics were dominated by conservative businessmen, and the City Council carried out the wishes of the Chamber of Commerce. It wasnt until a young legal aid lawyer named Neil Goldschmidt was elected to the council in 1970 that the tide began to change. His election as the youngest mayor of any major American city two years later signaled the growing number of liberals in Portland.
After Goldschmidt resigned as mayor to became U.S. Secretary of Transportation in 1979, however, voters replaced him with a conservative Democrat, Commissioner Frank Ivancie. Although Ivancie was replaced by liberal small-businessman Bud Clark four years later, the council still had at least one genuine conservative as late as 1990, Portland police Officer Bob Koch.
Ever since then, however, no member of the council could be considered conservative. Few conservatives have even bothered to run for it. The three major candidates for mayor in 2008 Charlie Hales, Jefferson Smith and Eileen Brady shared so many liberal positions that political reporters had trouble finding any significant policy differences among them. In fact, after Hales and Smith made it into the general election, the hottest issue was how little each candidate was voluntarily accepting in campaign contributions until Smith self-destructed in a wave of stories about his personal behavior.
So why is Portland now so liberal? Some clues can be gleaned from the demographics in the poll. Among other things, they show city residents are younger, better educated, less religious, newer to the state, and less likely to own their own homes than those in the rest of the region or state.
According to the poll, more people between the ages of 25 and 44 live in Portland. The greatest difference is in the 25 to 34 range, which accounts for 26 percent of Portlanders compared with 20 percent of the region and 16 percent of the state. But the spread in the 35 to 44 range is almost as great. It accounts for 21 percent of Portlanders compared with 16 percent of the region and 14 percent of the state.
After 55 years of age, the numbers are pretty much the same in all three areas.
People in Portland have gone to school longer than those in the rest of the region or state. Only 7 percent of Portlanders have not progressed beyond high school, compared with 13 percent of the region and 16 percent of the state. A full 30 percent of Portlanders have post-graduate degrees compared with 15 percent in the region and 13 in the state.
Portlanders also are less religious. A full 57 percent say they are not religious, compared with 37 percent of the rest of the region and 36 percent of the rest of the state. Given a choice of major and alternative religions, 39 percent of city residents claimed no religion.
See the rest here:
The young professionals of the city say its about time that the government allowed bars and restaurants to close at 1 a.m., instead of 11:30 p.m.
Some of Jean Quan’s opponents in this year’s mayoral election will likely view City Administrator Deanna Santana’s departure from City Hall this week as yet another reason to criticize the mayor. But once Santana started to publicly search for positions in other cities late last year, it became clear that she was no longer invested in Oakland and was not the right person to be running the day-to-day operations of the city. Moreover, her replacement, Fred Blackwell, is far better suited for Oakland and its residents, especially for progressives and sports fans
Candidate X Illustration by Sean Morgan In our Jan. 1 issue, the Bay Guardian spun the tale of Candidate X, a fictional progressive mayoral candidate aiming to save San Franciscos wonderfully weird soul using people power.
Here is the original post:
Oakland City Administrator Deanna Santana, an advocate for fiscal stability who encouraged appropriate decorum and conduct in Oakland City Hall, will resign her post later this week, The Chronicle has learned. Santana’s departure represents another dilemma for Mayor Jean Quan, who already faces a tough re-election race in November. Santana, who built a reputation as a tough-minded public official in the fog of the 2011 Occupy Oakland demonstrations, confirmed her departure in a phone interview on Sunday afternoon but declined to say why she is leaving.
Get Breaking News First Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning. OAKLAND (CBS SF) Oaklands assistant city administrator has been named to replace City Administrator Deanna Santana effective noon on Tuesday in a sudden announcement by Mayor Jean Quan Tuesday afternoon. Fred Blackwell will replace Santana, who is departing the position for reasons undisclosed in the mayors announcement.
Read the rest here:
Oakland City Administrator Deanna Santana, who built a reputation as a tough-minded public official in the fog of the 2011 Occupy Oakland demonstrations, will resign her post later this week, The Chronicle has learned. Santana confirmed her departure in a phone interview on Sunday afternoon but declined to say why.